top of page
A Brief History of Bailey Lodge
Bailey Lodge was chartered on November 17,1869, but received special dispensation to hold meetings on February 8, 1869. William Clark Bailey was the charter Master of Bailey Lodge.
The Lodge has been in six locations: Bailey's Cross Roads, beside the Airline railway station, the upstairs of the Dr. H. V. Westmoreland building, the upstairs of the Rexall Drug Store, and its present location at the corner of Wade Hampton Blvd. and Tryon St. The current building was constructed in 1962 and 1963.
During the 146 years of Bailey Lodge there have been two District Deputy Grand Masters.
WB William Clark Bailey
WB Bailey's Apron
bottom of page